Project Safeguard, founded in 1981 and incorporated in 1984, is a non-profit organization committed to helping end domestic violence by holding society responsible for developing, implementing and enforcing sanctions against abusers while increasing safety and survival options for abused women and their children. Project Safeguard’s mission is dedicated to providing safety planning, legal advocacy, and direct court support to victims of domestic violence and abuse, ensuring their safety and survival.
Project Safeguard pursues safety and justice for victims of domestic violence through direct court support, advocacy services, and legal system reforms.
Project Safeguard’s vision is a fair, just, supportive system that brings safety, healing and peace to victims of domestic violence and their families, and decreases the prevalence of domestic violence within our communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
Project Safeguard upholds and operates from the following core beliefs:
• We uphold trust and inspire confidence in all who engage with us.
• We focus on the impact of our work on victims, ensuring we deliver services with sensitivity to their needs, compassion and competency.
• We are accountable to each other and our stakeholders to effectively and efficiently actualize our mission.
• We focus on systemic change, grounded in the present context of our work and seeking high impact shifts that improve the civil legal system and supporting services for the future.
• We build community through deep, honest, meaningful and authentic partnership, listening and leveraged action.
- Nancy Olson, Executive Director, 720-827-3286
- Legal Director, 720-827-3281
- Heidi Dobbins, Advocacy Coordinator, 720-626-8269
Board Of Directors
- President: Sarah Sourial, reVision, Inc.
- Treasurer: Teresa Traxler Densmore Alloy Nonprofit Consulting, LLC.
- Secretary: Kathryn A.C. Miller Denver Urban Scholars
- Member: Kathleen Markey, Community volunteer
- Member: Celena Martinez, NY Life Insurance Company
- Member: Megan Courtney, NY Life Insurance Company