Project Safeguard is hiring a Bilingual Legal Advocate for our Adams and Broomfield County Offices. Details below.
The successful candidate for this position will carry the primary responsibility of ensuring that Project Safeguard’s services are appropriate, accessible, and available to Spanish-speaking individuals seeking services in the 17th Judicial District (Adams and Broomfield Counties). This position provides services in the Project Safeguard office at the Adams County Justice Center in Brighton and the Broomfield Combined Courts in Broomfield. The Bilingual Legal Advocate must be able to accomplish all required job responsibilities in both English and Spanish. This position will be located in Broomfield 1 ½ days per week.
- Provide legal information, assistance, safety planning and referrals to domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking victims through phone and in-person contacts
- Accompany clients to temporary and permanent protection order hearings and other court proceedings as appropriate
- Network, interface, and advocate with other systems, treatment, and service provider agencies on behalf of Project Safeguard and its clients
- Establish/maintain a positive working relationship with judicial officers and clerks in the protection order courtrooms
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Project Safeguard staff for support and exchange of resources and best practices
- Attend all required Project Safeguard meetings
- Provide technical assistance and training to agencies on Project Safeguard services and/or domestic violence
- Maintain a positive working relationship with advocates from both community and system based agencies
- Maintain accurate and current client and programmatic records, data, and statistics as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Clear and helpful oral and written communication.
Project Safeguard values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of intimate partner violence, people of color, people with disabilities, and/or people who identify as LGBTQI are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, paying $17.15 per hour. To apply send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Eyl, Interim Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.