WE ARE POSTPONING THE HIRING PROCESS UNTIL WE RETURN TO REGULAR OPERATIONS. ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE THEN. WILL BE HELD UNTIL THAT TIME.
Project Safeguard is hiring a Co-Located Bilingual Advocate. Details below.
The successful candidate for this position will ensure that Project Safeguard’s services are appropriate, accessible, and available to Spanish-speaking individuals seeking services in the following locations: Rose Andom Center (downtown Denver – 2 ½ days per week), Broomfield Courthouse (2 half-days per week) and the Adams County Human Services Building (Westminster – 1 ½ days per week). The Bilingual Legal Advocate must be able to accomplish all required job responsibilities in both English and Spanish.
- Work with staff of Broomfield Courts, Department of Human Services, and Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Non-Violence (SPAN) to ensure the effectiveness of the program in these locations.
- Provide culturally responsive legal information, assistance, safety planning and referrals to domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking victims.
- Collaborate with Project Safeguard’s two legal advocates located at the Rose Andom Center.
- Accompany clients to temporary and permanent protection order hearings and other court proceedings as appropriate.
- Network, coordinate, and advocate with other advocacy programs, service providers and agencies on behalf of Project Safeguard and its clients.
- Establish/maintain a positive working relationship with judicial officers, clerks and courthouse staff.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Project Safeguard staff for support and exchange of resources and best practices.
- Attend and participate in all required Project Safeguard meetings.
- Provide technical assistance and training to agencies on Project Safeguard services and/or gender-based violence.
- Maintain accurate and current client and programmatic records, data, and statistics as required, utilizing the Salesforce database system.
- Serve as a “floater” to provide coverage for other bilingual advocates in Adams, Denver and Arapahoe County courthouses.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Experience working with survivors of gender-based violence or knowledge of the issues preferred.
- Basic understanding of the civil legal system.
- Clear and helpful oral and written communication.
- Ability to take the initiative to establish and maintain relationships with partner agencies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to social justice and equity.
Project Safeguard values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of intimate partner violence, people of color, people with disabilities, and/or people who identify as LGBTQI are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, paying $19.06 per hour for a 36-hour work week. Salaries are reviewed annually and increases provided as the budget allows. A mileage and parking stipend will be provided. To apply send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Eyl, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.