SENIOR STAFF ATTORNEY
Working with Project Safeguard’s Executive Director, two Colorado Civil Justice Corps Attorney Fellows, and team of legal advocates, the Senior Staff Attorney provides comprehensive legal representation to Project Safeguard’s clients (victims of gender-based violence – domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking), focusing on domestic relations matters (including post-decree issues). The Senior Staff Attorney will also serve as the direct supervisor to a first year family law attorney through the Colorado Civil Justice Corps Fellowship program. The successful applicant will have expertise in domestic relations law litigation, a passion for meeting the legal needs of survivors of gender-based violence, and a demonstrated commitment to social justice and anti-racism. Applicants must be self-motivated, have excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Juris Doctorate degree and currently licensed to practice law in Colorado.
- Domestic relations representation and litigation expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the diverse legal needs of victims.
- Experience using a trauma-informed approach to providing legal services.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Professional experience working with victims of gender-based violence.
- Experience providing unbundled legal services, from brief consultations to full representation, in domestic relations cases.
- Experience in other areas of law related to victims of crime (criminal, civil protection orders, dependency and neglect, immigration, landlord/tenant, etc.).
- Spanish language proficiency.
- Experience supervising new attorneys and/or law student interns.
- Provide direct representation and unbundled legal services to Project Safeguard Clients in domestic relations matters.
- Provide legal information and training to Project Safeguard Legal Advocates.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, the Colorado Civil Justice Corps Fellows, and Legal Advocates regarding the screening, advising, and representing of Project Safeguard clients.
- Directly supervise a Colorado Civil Justice Corps Fellow.
- Utilize cloud-based Clio case management system.
Annual salary of $65,000.00; excellent benefits, including parking, health, dental, vision and disability insurance, flexible work schedule and generous leave.
Rose Andom Center, 1330 Fox Street, Denver, with frequent travel throughout the Denver Metro Area. Operations are all remote, with services primarily provided by phone and video conference during COVID-19 restrictions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send cover letter, résumé and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.