These positions are currently open and we are eager to fill them. Apply today!
Project Safeguard values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of gender-based violence, people of color, people with disabilities, and/or people who identify as LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply.
Position: Grants and Development Manager
Reports to: Grants and Finance Director
Classification: Exempt, full-time (36-hour work week)
Starting Salary: $60,000
Location: Rose Andom Center, 1330 Fox Street, Denver (remote working available)
Project Safeguard empowers and partners with people who have experienced gender-based violence, helping them to navigate a course of survivor-driven justice through expert, trauma-informed legal advocacy and representation. Our vision is a community where survivor-driven justice is accessible to all people who have experienced gender-based violence.
Position Purpose: The Grants and Development Manager is responsible for growing and sustaining Project Safeguard’s grants and individual donor programs.
Primary Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a plan to increase the organization’s revenue particularly from non-governmental sources.
- Fulfill the role of Project Director on all grants, ensuring that each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Gather necessary data from Project Safeguard’s Salesforce CAFÉ database and submit all programmatic grant reports.
- Submit all financial grant reports with information supplied by Grants and Finance Director and/or bookkeeper.
- Serve as the organization’s point of contact with funders.
- Manage all on-site monitoring visits and grant audits by funders, including preparation of required information.
- Grow individual donor program, including managing donor database and tracking systems, gift recognition programs and donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain grant folders, donor records, and excellent historical records.
- 3-5 years nonprofit grants experience, including writing, managing and reporting on grants received from a variety of funder types.
- Experience with individual donor cultivation and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; superior attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases required.
- Commitment to Project Safeguard’s mission, vision, and values.
- Experience managing complex federal and/or state grants.
- Experience with the Salesforce CAFÉ database used by grantees of the Domestic Violence Program of Colorado Dept of Human Services.
Benefits include parking or transit pass, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter, resume and a writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to Nancy Olson, Grants and Finance Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.